Monday, February 23, 2009

Why No Sympathy?

With the way the stock market has been lately, I've been in a huge panic. Not that we are desperate for money. I've always talked about how blessed I am with my great family and the hard work my hubby puts in at his job, therefore, we've been blessed with many opportunities. So why is it then I never get any sympathy from people when I tell them how the stock market is really affecting us? Just because we have money and now we are losing money, no sympathy, except comments like, 'Everyone is suffering' (I already know that) 'You are still young', 'You are in it for the long haul', 'The market will go back up'. I know ALL of this but really, just because we've been smart with our money, haven't gotten over our heads with debt, saved our money wisely and spent our money wisely...why can't anyone give me sympathy with losing our hard earned money?? Really pissing me off, because I am not one to just spend money, just ask my hubby. I have always put my family first and that was the reason for being smart with our money so we could enjoy it as a family. I think people would literally pee their pants if they knew how bad the market has affected us, but no, no sympathy for me....

3 comments:

AMY said...

You can have all the sympathy you want from me, my Sistah!

YaYa said...

From me too!! It is so frustrating to just watch a great deal of our money go away!!!!! (and we are not young so we don't really have the long haul) I know it all belongs to God, He is in control and will take care of us, but, He wants us to be good stewards of His money and that is pretty difficult right now!!! So, lots of sympathy from me!!!

Cassani Family said...

oh yeah I understand as we depend on it to keep our family of nine a float! We have been hurting too so I can sooo relate to your pain. To add to it, David made the top 20 for a job interview that would have paid way better and been closer to home but... he missed out. So we are still dealing with an underpaid husband, and a 10 hour work day with a three hour commute. We are grateful to have a job and benefits but I don't see how we can ever afford number 10!
Well we did get our visa renewed and our home study updated just in case!