Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stalling and overwhelmed!

There is only so much I can do per day to prepare for graduation open house. We all still need to be able to 'live' in our house and function like a normal family, right? Ahhhhh! Then trying to plan for guests coming to the actual open house, how many do I plan for, how many will actually show up? I have food ordered, desserts ordered, plates, napkins, forks all set out..tables bought and borrowed, pool is finally crystal clear and ready for swimmers, going to be a hot one for Saturday.

My rule of thumb is to work on something for 10 minutes at a time so as not to get too overwhelmed...I'm still overwhelmed. I am slowly but surely, clearing off every counter in my kitchen, I'm liking the bare look, but it never stays that way with a family of five.

During all the planning, I've been helping my sister and her family find a house here and finally found one!! Yahoo! I still find myself looking at For Sale signs when driving around! And of course, by default, I found my dream home, but that will have to wait for a very long time...*sigh*

Okay, I need to focus...I need to go to the grocery store before my house fills with a bunch of 18 year olds...yeah, this isn't even the graduation party but our house was chosen to watch a soccer match...okay...then Friday our house was chosen to have 15 year olds swim after school gets out for the year...

Ummmm...will my house stay clean for Saturday??? Calgon!!!!

Anyhooters...really, what a great thing to know my kids like being at our house and their friends feel welcome here...but really, all in one weekend before a party? Yes, it doesn't get any better than this!!

1 comment:

AMY said...

BREATHE!!! Mother of a high school graduate!