Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Walk the Talk

I am one for all things techie, tho I everything I do that has to do with technology is by hit and miss and determination.  I have this blog, I am on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.  I post daily, sometimes hourly on Twitter and Facebook.  When I read some of the other updates, the ones that catch my eye are the ones about helping people in America first.  Those that know me know I support my adoption agency, which happens to be international.

What I wonder is, the people that post about helping people in America first, do they really walk the talk and help those in need in America?  Are they volunteering at a homeless shelter?  Are they donating to the Goodwill?  Are they giving of their time and/or money like they seem to be posting?

I am not saying I am better than anyone else, as I do help those locally via Goodwill and thru my church.  I also help children and families in need internationally so is that wrong?  Can I help those in need internationally without feeling guilty?  Yes I can because I care about everyone and it is my time and money.  I'm not putting others down for what they do or don't do.  I'm not being defensive either. I'm just wondering if people who post these types of updates truly walk the talk.

No comments: