Saturday, January 7, 2012

After Holiday Blues?

I am feeling off right now, I have for a few days.  I can't put my finger on it.  I love Christmas.  I love looking at all the decorations.  My mom and sister decorate my house as they have an eye for it.  Here's one tree that is in my living room:

 This is our front entry tree:
 The tree in the kitchen leading into the three season room:
I loved having all of these decorations in my house.  We also had a tree in the basement, the kids' yearly ornament tree.  Once the big office party was over, the next day meant it was time to put away all the decorations.  I wasn't liking that at all.  Now my house looks so boring and naked!  Every time I would walk into the living room, I would be shocked by how bare it was.  You would have thought I was used to it by the next day, but I wasn't, it just really hit me this year.

In Korea, I wasn't as vocal as I used to be either.  I'm not sure why, maybe because I hadn't been back there in two years, but still, I don't change my personality for anything or anyone.  The Gift Team trip is always an emotional trip, maybe this time it really got to me without me knowing it?  I feel like I'm missing something or something is undone...

I've been listening to more music lately too, which is very unlike me.  I even bought some music from iTunes and I don't like to spend money like that!  Every song I listen to, I feel very sentimental and some of the songs are up beat, not all slow songs which I usually like.  Today, as I was preparing my daughter and husband's birthday dinner, which took all day...one song was blasting from my iPad and my husband happened to come upstairs at that moment and one look at him and I hugged him and started crying.

I don't know what is going on, I've always been very emotional and can cry at anything, but this feeling is different...

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

I think it's pretty common to feel a post-holiday letdown and, when you couple that with post-Gift Team Trip letdown, it's really a whammy! Hang in there, Kim.