Saturday, July 19, 2014

China Day 6

Our last day of our official 'business' ends in Beijing. We had to take a flight from Changchun to Beijing.  

I tell ya, traveling as much as I have the past few weeks sure kept me busy!  People may not realize that when I take these trips with Holt, I'm not on a vacation.  I'm very much into seeing Holt's programs all over the world.  Seeing our programs first hand is so important to me so I understand what and how they work so I can tell others.  I truly believe I can be the voice for the kiddos that don't have a voice and I hope I can help in anyway possible.

We were able to visit the Holt China office and meet the staff.  It was nice hearing about how well the program is running and always great to see such dedicated staff.  Our kids are in great hands.  We were able to treat our China staff to lunch and this was the first time we actually tried Peking duck and we all liked it!  I know, no picture, but it wasn't the entire duck, it was pre-sliced so we could make into a tiny egg roll yumminess!

After lunch, we were all so excited to be able to visit the Peace House.  This is a facility that Holt supports so kids can get needed surgery for cleft lip and pallet, tumors, etc. then recover at the facility prior to being adopted.  Needless to say, we had a blast playing with all the babies.  We saw an amazing photo book of the before and after pictures of babies that had been in the facility.  What an amazing thing to be able to give these babies surgery and then be able to find a forever family.
Here are some of the babies:

This little guy, he had a blast playing with hubby.  Of course, he wanted to continue to do the same thing over and over again just like any other kid.  He truly had a smile that melted our hearts!





No comments: