Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Handy People...

We are not, but we try our best and work as a team. The remodel, we of course hired the pros. Installing new ceiling fans, we can handle that ourselves..I think. And we did! My hubby and I are not handy around the house. Most projects that are to be 20 minutes are really more than an hour or two for us.

And what a marriage test too, working together on a house project. We are getting better though. I am the one that reads the directions, my hubby is the doer. Most of the time, I am the supervisor, which my dear hubby loves!

Our rule though for doing house projects, if we have the right tools, we can do it. It's when we think we have the right tools and don't, that is when it gets interesting and tensions and patience begin to show their ugly colors.

We have had many 'fun' projects in our marriage. The first major one was hanging a wallpaper boarder for our first born. Yeah, we have been married 20 years so we did make it after that, but we both vowed never again...

We installed a water slide off our dock here...that was an entire family project. You know the saying, 'A family that puts a slide together, stays together'. It did take us 2 1/2 hours to install, but it works AND it was still standing after another storm, though this storm wasn't as bad as the June 1st storm, but still, we were all worried.

I have collected quite a few numbers for people that are considered professionals in their area of expertise, so I can definitely call someone when it comes to the next project around the house.

No comments: