Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Reminder for Giving Thanks...

This is a size 2 toddler jacket that I wore when I was 5 1/2 years old. I look at it every once in awhile and really can't get over how tiny it is. The significance of this jacket, it was the jacket I wore on the day I joined my second adoptive family in the United States. I was in the first family for 15 months, but was horribly physically abused. If I would not have been adopted into my current family, I truly believe I would not be alive.
I am not a saver of things anymore, but this jacket, I will never get rid of. What a great reminder for me of the day I was given yet, another chance at life and oh what I life I have had and still have! My life today, people assume I am spoiled, I am, but it came with a lot of hard work and prioritizing of my life and the lives of my own family members.
When I look at this jacket, I think to myself, "What a cute jacket!" But the most important thing I think of when I see this jacket is how grateful I am for the life I have been given. Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

AMY said...

I'm so thankful for that cute little jacket too. Thanks for sharing that picture. xo

Judee said...

Thanksgiving-a time of many blessings and I'm so thankful for Kimberly Sue for coming into our family. A little tyke in that special coat arrived on 12/1/72 @ our door and I'm so very grateful to share my life with her in it.
A beautiful example of a wonderful Mom, wife and worldly woman to so many. We are truly blessed. I love you. Mom