Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks Mom, for the Reminder...

That TODAY is MY Gotcha Day! Wow! I haven't thought about my own Gotcha Day in a long time, probably because I am always so busy with living life! For those that do not know what a 'Gotcha Day' is, it is the day when a child joins their forever family. So today is my 36th anniversary of the day I joined my forever family...amazing. And to think of how far I have come in my life...
I have been so blessed, though the road wasn't always easy, but with the all the challenges, it made me that much more of a stronger person. I really wouldn't trade my experiences, for all of them, the GOOD and the bad, made me the person I am today. I was given a wonderful chance at life and happiness and I am proof that dreams really do come true! How lucky am I to have a wonderful family of my own and be able to give back to those that have truly been instrumental in giving me this life!
In eight days, I will depart for Korea. I get the wonderful opportunity to give back to Holt, but in reality, I am the one that receives the wonderful gifts of seeing our dedicated Holt-Korea staff, our foster families, and most of all, the children and adults in our orphanages and at Ilsan.
No wonder this time of year always gets to me, it's the time of year I was given the gift of my forever family. Thank you, mom, and I am so happy we are sharing the Holidays together! I love you!

1 comment:

AMY said...

YEA! Happy Gotcha Day! I'm so thankful that I gotcha in my life!
Love you NK!