Friday, December 12, 2008

A Foster Mother's Love

The speech given by a foster mother:

"Five years ago, I had a mind to give someone a helping hand and started taking care of Holt children. At the right moment when the child was held in my arms for the first time, I was deeply moved looking at the child's eyes and my heart was full. Little children look like angels. I thought they are my daughter and my son, and devoted myself to taking care of them. When children are with me, they carry my thoughts back to the past. Someday suddenly the child is sick and is fretful and I hold the child in my arms and I sat up for the whole night without sleeping a wink. The child cries endlessly day and night and I am bathed in tears and it makes me sad and broken-hearted from time to time. I could not express myself how difficult I am, how broken-hearted I am, and how happy I am....etc. I heartily hope the child will be adopted by good parents and the child will grow up happily and healthily in the child's new home. As the child's departure date is coming closer and closer, my heart is palpitated flashily. I am in absent-minded for a while. I have a pang of sorrow thinking that I have to part from the child. I decided not to shed tears of sorrow because the child goes to her new nice home for the sake of the child's better life in the future, but I cried with the loud sounds shedding tears incessantly on my face when the child's back view disappeared from my sight. For the sake of the happy life in the future I have to bury the child's figure in my heart. Those pains make me tears. However, when I look at the child's pretty and healthy appearance a when i received the child's picture and letter from the child's new parents, I am very happy to see her pretty and healthy appearance in the picture. You do not know how happy I am at that time. Today I pledge myself to see the lovely child. So, I am here now. I do not know I can get a prize like this and I am thankful to Holt and I am pleased to receive this prize, but I am very much shamed. I have a pride in my own way, so I am still working for Holt. However, I am not a proper person to get praised from the people. I am so sorry to many children. When I am with children, I do my best for them. However, after leaving them, I am so sorry not to do my best for children. I did not hold children in my arms more often and I am kicking myself not to give them my love. I do not know how long I keep my work for children. meeting children, and soon I have part from them. It is a great pity that I have to part from children and it makes me hurt in my heart. On the other hand, I am happy with labors. I think it is a mission which is given to me by God.
I will pray to God for children and their family, I assure all of you that I will do my best for children and I will take care of them prettily with all my hearts and love."

2 comments:

Cassani Family said...

wonderful! thanks for sharing that... I fostered 4 children and it was so hard to let them go... so I stopped. someday I'd love to do it again in China!
Adriana
can't wait to see pics of the baby home!

AMY said...

Wow...truly a sunglasses moment. I loved this line...
"I am happy with labors. I think it is a mission which is given to me by God." What a blessing.