Thursday, December 11, 2008

Deeper thoughts

As I re-read my blog entry from yesterday, I realize I didn't go into much detail about the day, but so much of this trip is emotional and it takes a few days, even weeks, to process what one experiences.
And the fact that I was very tired, didn't help, but I wanted to write something about my day so everyone back home would know what was happening.
Yesterday, one of the foster mothers spoke about her feelings regarding being a foster mother and caring for our children. We were handed the translation of her speech and as she was speaking, I began to read it...well, needless to say, I couldn't read past the first few lines before I had to get my sunglasses. I actually had to stop reading it. I hope to get permission to write her speech on here and then you will know why I needed my sunglasses...gosh darn it...I'm tearing up again just thinking about it. Stay tuned...
When the luncheon was over, I got my baby fix. We were able to go to the Holt Reception center and play with the babies. I got one little guy to laugh, it was one of those short, sweet laughs that you just can't stop but laugh with him when you hear him and I continued to make him laugh by saying boo to him. I could have taken this little guy home with me...don't worry family, I didn't smuggle him out...but I was oh so close!
Another gift team member was holding a little girl right before we were to leave and the poor little girl did the scene from 'Four Christmases' where the baby throws up. That's right, I didn't jump right up to help or I would have done it too! I know my family is shaking their heads right now...Ok, so I'm not good with that stuff, I can admit it! And I found out that my son has the stomach virus...um, good timing on my part to be away, not that I don't want to be home to take care of him, but the fact my hubby didn't need that on top of me being gone! Hope he starts feeling better soon and hope no one else at home gets it! Yuck...(Crossing my fingers)
What a wonderful surprise for me this early, early morning to open my email and receive a message from my friend who went on this trip with me last year. What a huge heart she has. She so wants to be on this trip with us so she has sent a wonderful donation for toys for our trip to the orphanage tomorrow. What a wonderful friend, she is my Utah Sistah, we were two peas in a pod last year. And with this last minute generosity, I know she knows the true meaning of Christmas, it's about giving because we have been blessed. I love her for that. Everyone knows that Christmas for me is about giving and making it the best for everyone possible and now I received this wonderful gift from my friend and for that, I thank her and love dearly with my whole heart. She calls me Kimchee because I am Korean(duh) and spicy!! Thank you, thank you, you made me need my sunglasses, but thank goodness I am in my room alone so I can let the tears flow as they may...
Love and hugs to everyone back home!!

2 comments:

AMY said...

I will pray for Mr. T. What a bummer. AND most of all for Skippy. YUCK! I need to see a new picture of you surrounded by sweet asian faces.

Cassani Family said...

thanks my sweet Kimchee. Funny how much easier it is to express our deepest and dearest feelings in writing sometimes, than it is to say them aloud.
Oh... how I yearn to be there. However, I know right now that my children really need me here.
I can't tell you how much I love my newest little boy Matthew ( a little version of Paul if you ask me), a bright little 7 year old full of love, energy, smiles, and laughter... He is so dear to me, and it warms my heart that he now receives my hugs and kisses willingly, and without complaint.

Are you sure you don't want another little boy in your home just younger than Cora? So many of them wait in China for a home, and my heart goes out to them.
It seems that everyone wants to adopt a girl... (Since they are abandoned in China because of their sex) How ironic isn't it? that the boys wait so long for a family ALL because they are the wrong sex?
Well I hope your trip continues to be a blast and know that my spirit is there with you today!