Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Hardest Job in the World

Here is the Gift Team watching the History of Holt video at the Holt Korea offices:
We all got a nice treat from some members of the Ilsan choir as they sang Christmas songs for us. We can all learn a great deal from these choir members, they sing with gusto and is so inspiring:
After the official ceremony of honoring our foster mothers, they too, must be in a group photo:
I say these foster mothers have the hardest job in the world, for they give of themselves with their whole heart to care for our children until they are placed with their forever family. I always say the toughest part of raising a child is from an infant to six months, then they 'start' being fun. Our foster mothers raise and love our kids during these months over and over again, child after child. They truly are our angels watching over our angels. We honored foster mothers for their service of 5-35 years and those that were retiring.
During the luncheon and ceremony, the two young girls on our team met their foster mothers. I will not tell what happened, because this is their story to tell and their parents that were able to attend this trip with them. Just as an observer, adoptee, mother, and adoptive mother, these types of reunions touch my heart greatly. To see the joy on the faces of the foster mothers, pure sunglasses moment(for when I cry).

Here is our tour leader showing us how to make and eat the traditional Korean BBQ...needless to say, I l-o-v-e this dinner, my all time favorite!! Man it's good to be back in Korea and eat Korean food!! I even ate kimchi for breakfast!! As my hubby would say, it's in my blood...oh yeah baby!!!
Here is my Aunt at our Koren BBQ dinner, and yes, we are sitting on the floor! And no, that is not her beer!!




3 comments:

Judee said...

WOW! It's looks like you are off to a great start. It brought back some special memories, tears too. Love Ya,
Mom

Cassani Family said...

Stop you are making me hungry! Yummy Korean barbecue (I'll pass on the Kimchee though) except when it comes to you!
Paul is the only guy I know who still acts and looks like a high class gentlemen , even in jeans! Neither does he lose any cuteness factor!
Ok tell him to check his email.. I sent along a little surprise to help you both, when you visit the Jeonju? baby home, Busan Community center for children, or for anything else unexpected that comes up!
Oh thanks for the pictures it is nice to be able to participate vicariously... so sad I am missing it.
Freezing in Utah for yah!

AMY said...

Any fish soup for breakies too? That Korean BBQ was so good. Mr. Paul looks a little on the thin side in that picture. Has he been workin' out those guns?