Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another Chapter

My life has been full of blessings and many roller coasters rides to get to where I am today. As I take on new responsibilities in my life, see the changes that will occur within my family after graduation, I ponder what the next chapter in my life will be.

I have decided that I am going full speed ahead with my birth family search in Korea. My family's trip this summer to Korea has really made me think of what it is I am searching for and what a momentous trip this will be for my entire family and one that I am not sure will ever be repeated(as in my entire family traveling to Korea together). SO! Where do I begin? I have four pictures of me when I was in Korea waiting for my forever family. I also have my admittance page from my orphanage.

Life is too short, I want to make the best of it and I don't want to waste anymore time. I've had all this information since 2006. I know what is important in life, family. I have shared this news with my mom, she's excited for me and this new journey. It's great to have her support as I know some adoptees do not receive support from their adoptive families.

I am almost 42 years old, there is still so much out there for me and I am so happy that I have grown up and matured and can truly see what is important. Life isn't all about me, though I have learned that if I don't do what is in my heart, then I lose who I am, but I have also learned that if you focus solely on yourself, then you hurt yourself and the ones you love the most. I am so excited for this new chapter, though I have no expectations except to be able to say, 'I Lived Happily Ever After'. Amen!

These are the one and only pictures of me from my orphanage; I treasure them, as these are the only ones I have seen of myself besides my referral picture:

2 comments:

AMY said...

Oh so excited to see where this adventure leads. Let me know how we can help. Tee-hee!

Cassani Family said...

you go girl!! That is terrific!! Maybe you can run an ad in the paper in the area where they took you to the orphanage!