Monday, November 30, 2009

Searching For...

My four siblings from my first adoptive family in Minnesota. I don't remember any of them, but do know their ages range from 42 years old to 52 years old. I was with this family from September 2, 1971 to December 1, 1972.

My last name with this family was Hansen. My full name was Kimberly Sue Hansen. The current ages of the parents today, 83 and 85.

In 2007, I did speak with the mother on the phone, the internet is an amazing tool. I never knew the parents' first names until 2006, quite by accident too. I thanked her and her husband, for they were the ones that were responsible for bringing me to the United States and I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for them. She agreed. I didn't mention the abuse, she was the abuser, but I did tell her that I didn't have any anger or resentment towards them. I let her know I was living a wonderful life with my own family today and how involved I was with Holt International and giving back. She told me she still had pictures of me and that she should send them to me, I told her that would be great. I never received them. I asked her about her husband, she said he was sitting right next to her and that he was fine. I asked her to please let him know I was doing great too. I asked her to then let my siblings know I was doing great if they ever thought about me and to give them my contact info if they ever wanted to contact me. That is when she told me their ages. A month after our conversation, I sent her a picture of my family with a note saying this was my greatest accomplishment. I never heard from her again. I didn't expect to.

But, I would like to meet my siblings. I have always wondered if they remembered me. I have a sibling that is the same age I am. Not sure which other siblings were adopted too, I know a few were domestically.

I attended Valley View Elementary School in Bloomington, Minnesota, which I don't remember either. I did make contact with my kindergarten teacher though! She doesn't remember me too clearly but does remember me being this little dark-haired little girl.

I think some people get the wrong impression of me doing this sort of search. I am not in anyway, disappointed with my life now and need to connect for the purpose of being complete. It's about giving peace of mind to others that maybe wondering if that little girl made it in life and is happy today. I don't live my life with regrets, I don't need anything more in my life, I have so much to be grateful for. It's about making connections, it's about making peace with my past, it's about giving peace to others, it's about forgiveness, it's about being grateful.

No comments: