Thursday, September 22, 2011

A New Addition to the Family!

This was my daughter holding her new puppy for the first time!  Needless to say, my daughter was very happy, yet very shocked as I had told her we would never have a dog in the house again...never say never....
 I got the call saying I could pick up the puppy at anytime on Tuesday, which was two days earlier than we had planned.  I had two hours to get ready for this new addition.  No supplies on hand, nothing.  So I ran out to the pet store and picked up a collar, the smallest one possible since the puppy only weighs 1.8 lbs!  And a leash, which had to be a cat leash since said puppy is so small.  Ran around to get the food and water bowls and a carrier for the car.  I was going to surprise my daughter after school so I needed a tote for transporting.  My supply list was pretty sporadic: shampoo, dog bowls, collar, leash, tote, and a hair brush.  Luckily I got some dog food from the person I bought the puppy from. 

Once I got home, I had to figure out another resource for a kennel so I got a plastic bin that was in the garage.  Good thing the puppy is small!  He's done pretty well sleeping in it the past two nights.
Here he is in the bin:
We have named the puppy 'Bean' because he's such a small thing!  Not sure what I was thinking when I decided to get this puppy, but once I saw his face, how could I say no!!  Now I am in charge of house breaking him.  Good thing his little piddles are the size of a quarter!  But still, I wish he was trained already.

It's been fun though having him around, he is my little shadow.  Everywhere I go, he's right at my feet. I do have to be careful tho, if I don't remember to look down, I step on him.  Bean has grown attached to me, last night, he wouldn't follow me into my room so he laid on my slippers by the front door until I came out.  How cute is that!  I did get him to follow me into my room this morning, I may regret that now.  At least he hasn't learned how to climb the stairs, we have a lot of them in the house and I don't want to play hide and seek with him since he's so tiny.

So now besides the yard project, I have this new Bean project...what am I thinking?!!  And yes, the yard project is STILL going on....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

How stinking CUTE is he!!!! love the name! Look how mature looking K is getting!!!!! Congrats again on the new addition!

YaYa said...

Kim, when Sammie was a tiny puppy we put a little bell on his collar so we would know where he was and not step on him. Bean is soooo cute!!!