Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Family in All Forms

I have lived in many different forms of families.  I was in an orphanage for 3 1/2 years of my very young life, they were my family.  I was then adopted to a family in Minnesota.  This family also had other children adopted, but domestically, so we were quite the family.

I was then adopted into another family where my sister was my parents' biological daughter.  We then became a family of divorce when I was just a teenager.  Then I became fatherless when I was 18 years old.  My father passed away way too young.  I miss him to this day, especially when it comes to having my own family.

My own family, my hubby and I would be considered a 'transracial' couple.  We then have two biological children and our third child is adopted from Korea.  My family is quite the mixed family and my hubby is the one that is truly the 'minority' not having one ounce of Korean heritage in him.

The above shows I have lived in many different forms of families.  My youngest daughter lived with a foster family for almost four months before she came home to us.  I consider them a part of our extended family.  I am forever grateful to them for loving her so much and taking such great care of her for us.  Here is our experience meeting them during our family tour, click here:
Meeting Kora's Foster Family

No comments: