Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mini Me's

Yesterday was the day we went to the orphanage to bring Christmas joy to all the kids living there.  This is the reason why I do this trip.  I want these kids to have a Christmas like they deserve and they look forward to us coming every year.

I see familiar faces as the kids start performing.  It breaks my heart to see them still there and not with their own families or other forever families.  But I do know they are taken care of loved by all the staff. There were currently 45 children there, infants to age 7.

After Santa and the Mrs. passed out presents, we were able to give them candy and the rest of the presents we bought from the toy store.  How fun it was to see the excitement in the eyes of the kids.  I went to the little girls' room and started helping with the presents and giving out gummy worms.  Man, could some of these little ones eat!

Little by little, the girls warmed up to us being in the room and would soon sit on our laps or next to us. I just adored all these little girls, as I always see myself in their eyes, I was one of them many years ago, in an orphanage, not understanding what was going on, but just trying to survive.  These little girls also had haircuts that I had at their age.  Each had their own distinct personalities and each were so eager to play with the new toys.

I stayed in this room the majority of the time we were there, it's hard for me to break away from little girls because I want for them what I have.  My heart truly cries out for them.  For those faces I no longer see, I wonder where they are now.  Are they with their families, in another orphanage, or did they go live another forever family?  Wherever they are, they are continuously in my prayers and my wish for them is that they are happy and live their lives to the fullest no matter what.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes! Kim.! as always. dong sang

Cassani Family said...

Yeah thanks for sharing, that was one of my favorite visits as well! Wish I was there to join you! Adrian. Hey are you going on the holt vision trip in April to China?

Debbie Dunham said...

Just one day doesn't seem like much, but I always hope that somehow that one day will mean something special to someone.

With Love, The Babcocks said...

Thank you so much for doing this! Our son is still waiting for us at Ilsan and it is so wonderful to find blogs of those who have cared for him before we were able to get to him. This will be a wonderful addition to his baby book! :-)