Monday, September 22, 2008

A New Season

Fall is upon us, officially today. Usually I think of Fall starting when my kids start school in the second week of August. When I had a 'youngin' still at home during the start of school, I would walk one of the elementary schoolers and push the younger one in the stroller to school then off to the neighborhood park. As I would push the stroller, the leaves would fall around us like it was raining, but they were showers of leaves and the sound of them crunching under the wheels of the stroller were extremely relaxing. Well now my youngest is in her last year of elementary school and I do not walk her to school nor do I walk in the park.
It's just not the same without pushing a stroller. I did this with each child and now I the time has come where I sit and look out the window at the Fall leaves. I don't mind seeing the leaves from my window, it still relaxes me as I remember each of my kids and our time together walking in the park.
I love the change of seasons, what a magical moment to see everything in nature change. I can't believe how fast time goes by. No wonder I treasure every moment. Today, the first day of Fall and it's raining. I love the rain as it perks everything up outside. I know some people don't like the rain or the overcast skies, but I love it, because around the corner will be the ray of sunshine people are always searching for.

No comments: