Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Being Older and Wiser, Part II

That is my husband today, for he is celebrating the day of his birth! Now starts the day where I can tease him, he says incessantly, which I do, for four months that he is so much older than I am! He just rolls his eyes and goes onto to tell me that since I am Korean, I am actually older than he is(um, wish I never told him that part of being Korean)! Anyway, he takes my teasing in stride-he really doesn't have a choice...

So this morning, as I was talking to my ten year old daughter about jobs and tried to explain what her daddy does at his job, it made me think of what he truly does. He impresses me, he is older but he is really wise, as in smart! He took on a new role in his company a year ago and with a horrendous rough start, he hung in there and has turned his business around.

I have so much respect for him for all that he has to do five days a week, working hard, yet makes sure he is available to help out with our kids and their schedules after school. But that is the type of person he is and the type of father he always wanted to be. He makes time for his kids and can leave work at work and focus on his family.

Of course, he always thanks me for all that I do for our family, but today, I want to thank him publicly for all that he does for our family. He is a keeper! And honey, Happy Birthday!!




1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

I have a husband who is a keeper, too; aren't we lucky?