Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What is Racism?

Last night's Primetime show asked, 'What would you do?' in regards to speaking out and defending someone that was being mistreated because he/she didn't speak English here in America. Well, being a different race, myself, I would speak up and defend the individual. I have lived with comments whispered behind my back and the all wonderful question, 'What are you?' and the assumptions that are made because I am Asian living in America.

I am a person that does not believe in being politically correct at all times because people have taken that way overboard. But, hearing people whisper behind my back, ask questions that would normally not be asked to a 'white' person, I feel is offensive. So if I feel that behavior is offensive, does that make the other person a racist?

1 comment:

Cassani Family said...

What you are Asian? Really I never noticed, I mean after all you look a lot like my kids..... oh wait that is right... They are Chinese Americans living in an Italian family.. how is that for confusing...