Thursday, December 17, 2009

On a Whim

I sent my family's Christmas card and letter to my first adoptive parents this year. I wonder what their reaction will be. I didn't write anything personal to them, just the letter and card like we do for everyone else on our Christmas card list. They are ages 84 and 86? Have they 'softened' in their later years? Will I hear from them? I doubt it. I think they, especially the mother, want to forget about me, even though she stated she still had pictures of me. I haven't sent anything to them since 2007 and never heard anything back from them.

What would I do if I were in their shoes? I hope I would have asked for forgiveness from God, then respond back to my child and ask for forgiveness and actually say sorry for the abuse. I hope I would be that type of person.

No comments: