Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What Really is the Reason for the Season?

This time of year, it gets very hectic; shopping, planning, hosting, more shopping, cooking, baking, decorating. We all experience this and it can be very overwhelming.

I do truly love this time of the year. I love shopping, planning, hosting, doing more shopping, cooking and decorating(with the help of my mom and sister).

But then when I hear of such sad news, like this morning, of a very close friend, it brings me back to what the reason of the season is really about...family. I have focused on family all my life, whether it was me as an orphan dreaming of a family of my own; knowing how my first family was treating me was not right; the blessing of having yet another family; and then the ultimate, my very own family.

I try to live life being grateful for all that I have been blessed with. I thank God daily for giving me the life I am living and I'm talking about actually living, not what I have.

I know the circle of life happens daily, but when it hits close to home, it breaks my heart and especially this time of year. So hug your kids, hug your parents, hug your family.

1 comment:

Cassani Family said...

yes family is what it is all about.
We are nearly done with our dossier, hurrah it will soon go off to Holt.
I can't believe your pictures of the snow.. unbelievable!