Friday, July 15, 2011

I Have a Zit!

I must be stressing or it's the weather...or it's both!  I think it's due more to stress from worrying about my hubby and the stress he is feeling at his job.  I hate, hate seeing him so stressed out!  I feel so helpless!  Then I feel guilty sitting at home doing nothing...nothing, as in helping to make money.  But it's not all about money...or is it?  

Why do people work so hard?  What is the goal?  Money?  Title?  I've always struggled with not working outside of the home.  It's always been in internal struggle with me.  Yes, both my hubby and I decided I would stay home with our kids...but I struggle non-stop with the fact that I don't contribute monetary-wise to the household.  Why am I still struggling with this when I have been a stay at home mom for 20 years?!!  I think it's times like these, when my hubby is stressing at his job that these feelings begin creeping up inside of me.

My hubby has worked so hard to give our family the good life, ironic that we live in Nebraska as the state motto is "Nebraska, The Good Life".  He has loved the challenges along the way, but lately, the challenges have really gotten to him and there is nothing I can do!!  I feel like screaming for him!  Ugh!!

There have been things I've tried to do along the way to help try and ease my hubby's burdens at home, but I sometimes feel these are pitiful attempts when the reality is, his job is taking it's toll on him.  I try and buckle down and get things at home in order, but now it's coming to a point where I really have to put my foot down.  It's my family's future that matters so I must face things head on and take charge.  My hubby has been patient enough, he doesn't need the added stress.

No comments: