Monday, March 31, 2014

Exercise Journey

It's been a very long time since I have exercised.  I was so committed  years ago, but I got burned out.  I had been lucky and didn't have to worry about exercising to stay in my size 4 jeans.  Lately, as I've aged, my body has slowed down too and now my size 4 jeans have become way too tight and yes, I will admit it, I have muffin tops.  And for the first time in my life, I have a belly pooch.  I have taken a picture of myself today so I can track the progress.  I will post later when I see progress, but with this public view of my blog, it's going to take me awhile to get my nerve up to post a picture, but I want to show everyone that I am a real person and have real problems with weight issues.

I won't be putting too much pressure on myself to exercise because I need to be realistic with myself.  I start something, then I quit, mainly because I develop blisters on my feet and can't continue.  I have to pace myself so I don't go overboard and burn out again.

Nothing else will change like my eating habits.  I've always been a person that loves to eat all sorts of foods including fast food.  I love Big Macs and Whoppers and french fries and eating out. I don't have any diet foods in my house, I don't believe in them.  Why eat foods that are supposedly low fat and low calorie when it's all processed?  And to make them taste good, the foods are loaded with sugar.  I can't tell you how many times I have told others this, but they don't listen, but oh well, they will find out because if you look around and see people eating these diet foods, it's not helping them lose weight.

But I digress.  This is about me and being real and showing others that you can maintain your weight by doing things in moderation and being real.  So, hope you stay with me and maybe I can motivate you also.

No comments: