Monday, March 24, 2014

Wow, it's been way too long since I've last posted on here.  Not because I didn't have things to write about, but I've noticed that pretty much anything I wanted to write about, I could do it via Facebook.  So why start up again here?  Just thought I would start something new and post reviews and hints about what I've tried and liked or disliked about a very broad range of things.

So why not start off by being gross and upfront about my feet.  I have small feet, size 5 1/2 shoe size.  I've always bragged to my hubby about how cute my feet are, but let's be realistic, my feet, my heels to exact, were not so cute.  You know when you get dry, cracked heels?  That's me.  The truth is out.  I walk around everyday in my bare feet, why not since I'm home all day, no need for shoes in the house.

I've tried everything for my feet.  Lotions, pedicures, more lotions and still, my cracked heels never got better.  I know, life is a struggle.  The truth is, my feet had a form of athlete's foot, hate to admit that since I have such cute little feet!  And how would I get athlete's foot if I'm never in public places barefooted?  It's not that form, it's a mild form.  Just like cold sores on the lips are a form of herpes, but in a 'mild form'.

For over a week now, I've been very diligent about putting antifungal cream on my feet.  Yes, the brand name would be Lotrimin AF.  I actually use the Walgreen's brand of this, plus, as I noticed buying the actual brand name Lortimin, the Walgreen's brand is way bigger so it will last longer.  I applied this lotion on twice a day, once at night and once in the morning.  I'm happy to report that my heels are now finally 'healing' and not so cracked.  Which I must be honest, my heels were horrible!  I should have taken a picture of the before.

I'm a person for wanting immediate results with little effort and this method, as long as I'm willing to keep doing it, has been the best remedy.  Thank goodness since spring and summer is right around the corner and all I like to wear are flip flops if I have to wear shoes!

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

Your cute little feet are going to look so pretty! How interesting that it turns out to be a type of athletes foot.