Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Journey Continues...

I have met a lot of people in my 42 years of life and each one has a very special place in my heart, no matter if I have known them for a lifetime, or if I have briefly talked to them.

Two years ago, I think, I met a friend of a friend and invited her to my table at our Omaha Holt auction. This friend offered to help me in anyway to help with my birth search(she is Korean). So I have not spoken with her for almost two years and lo and behold, I received an email from her last night and she sends me the news article from when I was in Korea in July. Amazing she would read an article about me online on the Korean news and I hadn't told her I did an interview.

Mind you, I couldn't read the article since it is written in hangul, but it also included the picture of me from that day. My heart about stopped, reality of it hit and I was so excited to see it, even if it was in hangul, which I think is so pretty in print.

I tried online translators, but it just doesn't translate the same, it's quite funny reading it. So now I wait for my connections to read their emails and translate it for me. I want to post the article on here, but I need to get permission from the reporter first, so hang in there with me on this roller coaster journey of mine!

2 comments:

Cassani Family said...

yahoo! That is so exciting Kim! Well you just never know...
best wishes for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.. meaning more family connections
Adriana
Yeah wish my kids were Korean only because Korean is easier to learn and read! Chinese is so hard...
course I like Chinese food more than Korean, you are the ONLY kimchee I like!

AMY said...

Yep, those translators are very funny. But as I already mentioned YOU look beautiful in your picture. What a special moment.