Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Anniversaries

Day to day, we all look at the calendar to make sure we know what day it is. As we all know, time goes by way too fast. I know people think I am so cliche about living everyday to the fullest, but I really do. I have a lot of anniversaries that I celebrate:

The anniversary of my birth, tho the date is estimated, I still celebrate it and embrace the day.

My first gotcha day, traveling to America to my adoptive family at the age of 4 1/2.

My second gotcha day 15 months later and surviving the past 15 months of horrendous physical abuse.

The day my hubby and I were 'officially' dating at the age of 14.

The day I married my high school sweetheart.

The birth of our first daughter.

The birth of our son.

The birth of our second daughter.

Surviving seven hours of brain surgery in 1999.

Surviving a seizure in 2001 while driving out of a parking stall in Westminster, Colorado(today's anniversary).

Traveling to Korea for the first time in 2005.

So many anniversaries, I think I could list all of life's moments, big and small, but that would entail my entire life history. I believe everyday I wake up is a great anniversary. I'm not cliche, I'm just realistic and live everyday to the fullest.

No comments: