Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

The morning of 9/11 is clear as can be in my mind. My husband called me and told me to turn on the tv, something was happening in NYC. I saw one tower already in flames, what the heck was going on? Then the second plane crashed into the other tower, I was in shock. I knew it was deliberate, I had chills, I was horrified. I felt helpless watching, but what could I do, what could anyone do? Then reports of two other crashes, my heart sank.

Then one tower collapsed, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I didn't know for sure if I was seeing it correctly, just horrifying...then the second tower collapsed...two towers, disappeared into thin air, chaos, horror on the faces of people running from the collapse, I wanted to get my family and keep them safe in my home and never let go of them.

All flights had been diverted and told to land, no one was allowed in the air. Then I heard a plane overhead...I knew it was Air Force One with President Bush flying to Strategic Air Command. I went outside and actually saw Air Force One, chills...

I watched the news constantly that day and night, I was still in shock and couldn't believe this horror happened. How does one continue life as usual? We don't, but we do live on for the sake of our families and begin to unite as the United States of America.

1 comment:

AMY said...

Oh Sistah. I remember that day well too. I watched the news day and night. I also made a really long red beaded necklace. Jman came up with an escape route for his class to get out in an emergency. We were all so numb. We must continue to remember...