Friday, September 4, 2009

Cookin up a Storm!

With a new house came a new focus on getting back on track with cooking meals. We got into a slew of take out dinners only because our kids' activities are right at dinner time. We are a family of routine and our routine family dinners were always at 6:00pm sharp. Then came the activities and right during dinner.

I have always loved to cook, but cooking the same old, same old really did get old. My family has their favorites, but I got tired of making them all the time. Now I can incorporate the tried and true with new recipes. My family is all for me cooking, they love it actually. I'm the only one going thru take out withdrawal.

I love to eat, but when I cook, I never try my cooking during the making process. I only try the new recipe when it comes down to sitting down and eating it. I've only had one or two bad recipes and I know to stay away from those. Now I'm in a whole new mode of trying new recipes. My kids have to eat whatever I make because I am not their personal cook(tho I really am).

New house, new cooking with gas, new atmosphere, maybe that is what inspired me. Ok, besides the fact that grocery stores and restaurants are a little further than what we were used to. But that's all ok, I'd take this new everything over the same old, same old anyday!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Cook away, Kim! My family also loves it when I cook, though I'm no Julia Child! The routine and tradition of dinner together far outweighs to "fanciness" of the meal. Mac and Cheese anyone?