Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am NOT a Country Music Fan...

BUT, as I was driving home yesterday after over an hour in the car, I heard a song on The Blend on XM Radio, "Then" by Brad Paisely. I usually change the station if a country song comes on the radio. I usually don't allow my son to change to a country music station in MY car. But I was calm enough driving home that I just let the song play.

That's right, I really liked the song. It reminded me of my hubby saying the exact words to me. If he could sing, he would sing those words to me. I actually got teary-eyed(like that's something new for me).

Today is my hubby's birthday, so I dedicated that song to him this morning via Blackberry messenger(that's the way I can communicate with him while he's working in case he is in a meeting). This song is very fitting since I have known my hubby since I was 14 years old. I remember way back when 'thinking' we were in love. We've weathered a lot thru/out our years together. We've grown a lot too.

No, I will not become a country music fan, but I am able to be open-minded enough to let the music flow!

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

Wow! I just listened to the song and I know what you mean. For the last 33 years, at each crossroad, I've thought that I love my husband (my best friend) as much as possible, but then it just gets better and better. Here's to awesome husbands and great marriages!