Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Decorating 101


I wish decorating my house came naturally, but it doesn't. I love my house and I like to have it look nice, but I decorate it piece by piece, this area, then that area. I would really like to have every room decorated and finished. I don't change any decorations according to the seasons, I know some people do, but not me. The only season decorations change is Christmas season.

So why not just hire an interior designer? I don't know, it's the whole idea of paying someone to do something I should be able to do. My mom and sister are great at decorating and being able to see how things go together, so why not have them help me? I know, I know, It's me.

I am a very simplistic decorator too. I don't like too much 'stuff' in my house. I'm really glad my wall space is very minimal on the main floor so I don't feel the need to hang pictures. Shelving, I could do without, that consists of more dusting, yuck.

My taste in decor is more contemporary too, so finding things I like does take time. However, when I do see something that I like and it is unique, I'm really good at knowing it will look good in my house. So maybe I am capable of decorating 101.

Here is my latest addition to my home decor:


No comments: