Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just Add it in With the Rest of the Dust

The backyard project is almost done, so why not add in another project?  Since we have the talent on hand, I asked if the guys could fix the two pillars by the front door, they are the same stone structure as the ones we just had done in the backyard.  Both pillars had cracks from the bottom up, not good when it comes to a house like this.  So my brain got to working and got the guys on the job.  I felt bad, but hey, it's not like we wouldn't pay them for the job.  

What a lot of work again!  Whoever did the work in the first place did the pillars wrong, they added in wood around the post which causes the whole thing to contract and expand with the weather, hence, the cracking!  So out came the existing stones, cut out the mortar, cut more stones and do it all over again.  To fix it correctly, I had the guys do the entire pillar rather than just the sides that were cracking, the others would crack eventually and I would have to put up with the mess again!

I am getting very tired of all the construction but it really is coming to an end.  Then what will I do with myself?!!  Relax?!!  Oh yes.....

No comments: