Monday, October 31, 2011

Un-Happy Halloween

Today is Halloween.  This is my least favorite 'holiday' of the year...why?  Because when I was younger and in elementary school and it was time for the Halloween party at school, I dreaded it!  All I ever wanted was to be 'just like everyone else' and wear the cheapo kid costume that included the plastic mask.  But being Korean and all, the mask never ever EVER fit my face properly, mainly around my eyes.  The mask would make my eyes bulge out and I hated it!  I just wanted to wear the dang thing like all my friends did!  

I think that scarred me for life.  I then had to resort to making my own costumes, ones that did not require a mask of any kind.  So then came the animal costumes, a ladybug, a skunk, a bumble bee and so on.  One can paint on a nose and whiskers rather than wear a mask to turn into an animal.  I still don't like to wear masks to this day and I don't care for Halloween parties.  I even dreaded having to be creative for my kids' costumes.  Thank goodness we are almost done with that stage with everyone getting older.

Now it's come to dressing up our puppy...wonder what he would blog about having no choice in wearing a costume....  The Bumble Bee-aner:
Beaner doesn't look too happy in this picture:

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Seriously...might be the cutest picture EVER!!!!!

AMY said...

Oh my goodness...can't wait to show the fam Lil Bean all dressed up.

Thanks for sharing about your experience with Halloween. It wouldn't even had dawned on me about you and a mask. Those little things matter, especially to a child wanting to fit in.

Love you.