Thursday, October 13, 2011

Puppy or Kitty?

Having our little Beaner in our family has been wonderful.  Anytime you look at his cute face, you can't help but fall in love with him.  But the reality of having a puppy around is very real when it comes to potty training.  No wonder I didn't want a puppy, but like I said, he's way too cute not to want him around.

So we think Beaner is at least 2 pounds now.  He's almost three months old.  With his size, I figured I had better train him to go in a litter box, seriously.  Come winter, I don't think he will want to go outside, let alone myself.  We have been training him to go potty on a pad, but even that has been a challenge.  When Bean has to go, he just squats and goes wherever he may be.  Yesterday, I bought the litter box and kitty litter.  Didn't realize how dusty litter is, not my favorite since it adds to the dust already in my house. 

As I am keeping an eye on Bean and I see him squat, I dash over to him, pick him up and put him into the litter box.  The first time, Bean decided to try and eat the litter, yuck!  Then he began to dig in it, yikes more dust flying!!  So today, I have decided no more litter.  I will keep the box and line it with a pad and have Bean do his business.  I'm hoping this method works.  It's a lot of work.  I go out of town next week for half the week...let's hope everyone else can hold down the fort for our little Beaner and stay consistent with his potty training!  But gosh darn it, I will miss my little Beaner....

No comments: