Monday, March 5, 2012

30 Years of Bliss

Yes, my hubby and I have been together for 30 years!!  This Saturday, we will celebrate 30 years together:  22 years of marriage, 3 kids, 1 puppy, 1 dream home...we have reached the Happily Ever After!  Sometimes I do think we live a fairytale life.  We are truly very happy with how we have come so far in 30 years.

So how do we celebrate 30 years together?  By being apart...hubby will be in Australia and I will be home.  Not the ideal way to celebrate, but that's the way it is.  Oh yes, we will celebrate with a special dinner out this Thursday, then hubby will take Friday off before he has to leave for Australia.  

I actually wanted to go to Australia with my hubby, he wasn't so thrilled with the idea.  He's never too thrilled with the idea of me going with him when he travels...I have yet to do that.  I've been wanting to tag along with him ever since he was going on a business trip to Jamaica...yes, Jamaica, twice he's gone to Jamaica on business.  One time, he left on my birthday.  There seems to be a pattern here...

One of these times, I think I will just book my ticket knowing where he's going and just surprise him...not sure he will like it, but that's what I am going to do.  Even if his travels don't take him to some exotic place, I just want to go, but then again, that's me.  I like to travel, he doesn't.  Maybe he'd change his mind if I was with him?  Maybe not, but oh well, he had better be ready for me!

Happy Anniversary, honey!  I love you, you're the best thing that has happened to me in my life and all that has happened since!  Here's to the next 30 years together!  And hopefully, we will be together on the actual DAY next year!!

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

Congratulations! That's a wonderful accomplishment. Brian and I celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary in June. It's amazing how fast the time has gone by, yet we still enjoy being together. Cheers!