Friday, March 30, 2012

What's One More?

More cheerleading is in our future.  It was one very nerve wracking week for me.  Practice for a cheer competition in Myrtle Beach and clinics and tryouts for high school freshmen squad all in four days!!  I was nervous, more than nervous.  Not that I didn't have confidence in my daughter, it was just all so much in four days.  

My daughter HAD to practice with her team for Myrtle Beach, so Monday and Tuesday, she practiced for an hour, then rushed over to the high school to learn the cheer and school fight song.  Two days of just half an hour each to learn them.  Wednesday was mock tryouts.  Thursday came and that day about drove me crazy for it to come to an end so it could all be over!  

5:00pm rolled around and there started the tryouts.  6:10pm and she's done already...yikes!  6:17pm, two more groups to go.  The team would be posted on the cheer website...I had it all ready to go and refresh when needed.  

6:40pm, everyone is home, hustling around trying to get to eating dinner.  My daughter was nervous, I was nervous and she says she's grabbing the laptop...I already had it ready to go so I refreshed the page and BOOM!!  There's the list with the girls that made the team and there's my daughter's name!!  We both screamed and high fived!!  OMG!  I was so relieved to find out already!  Don't think I could have waited any longer!

Twelve girls made the squad.  My daughter was very busy texting the other girls.  Then she tells us we need to go back to the high school to get her t-shirt....what?  Why wouldn't they have had the girls stay there...we don't live close to the high school anymore, even tho it is only about 15 minutes, but still... but how could we disappoint our daughter after making the squad??

Not like we had anything else to do but to pack for Myrtle Beach leaving the next morning...but it was all worth the stress and headache to see how happy our daughter was and the relief I felt!!  Now we will focus on the competition for the next two days and will look forward to even more cheerleading in the future!!

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

Congratulations to K!! And, really, would't it be a boring life if we didn't have all these fun things to do?