Monday, June 25, 2012

Korea Bound Again

After a week at home, I am now going back to Korea to assist with the Heritage Tour.  I surprised myself and hubby by being able to handle the jet lag so well last week.  I think it's because I really prepared myself mentally to be ready for two trips so close together.  People thought I was crazy for doing this, but for me, I absolutely love it!  I love Korea, something about visiting there, seeing our kids, families, staff, and programs...it just draws me in every time.

I've been reading over the bios of the people going on this tour, I almost need my sunglasses just reading them.  I'm so excited for everyone and feel so blessed to be able to witness their experiences of this trip.  I've been a participant on many tours, but now I am actually in charge of helping the group! Maybe I won't need my sunglasses then if I'm playing an official role?  Who am I kidding?!!  My last Gift Team trip, I thought I could get away without needing my sunglasses, I knew what to expect, I knew what was going to happen...wrong!!  Why do I even try to fool myself?  Each trip and experience is so different.  I have met so many great people, have made lasting friendships and bonds, they are now a part of my family.

This will be my eleventh trip back to Korea since 2005, it's always an adventure and I'm so excited to be going back!

I feel so blessed to be able to travel like I do, it's my passion, my mission to travel the world and help our children and families in need.  

I will try and blog while I'm in Korea for the next two weeks so stay tuned!


No comments: