Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Able to Post Finally!

I was going to blog while I was in Korea, but I had difficulty accessing the internet and I didn't have time to figure things out since I was so busy so I did write down my thoughts and events so I could copy and paste onto here.  Happy reading!

Tuesday:
Made it thru the long flight to Korea!  Let’s back up a few days tho…last Friday, I was finally able to connect with my friend that I was traveling with.  She had been busy traveling that week!  So when we did connect, I had asked when the meeting was set for her in Korea.  She said Tuesday at noon….oh dear, that wasn’t going to work, we weren’t scheduled to arrive in Korea until 4:00pm Tuesday!  So now what?  It’s Friday at home and Saturday in Korea, no one would be in the offices!  So I told my friend to email her contact and I would try and find my contact’s email address.  It took me awhile to find my contact and with no name associated with the email address, I took my chances that this was the correct one. 

As my friend and I were texting back and forth after our call, I told her to send me her flight itinerary and I would send mine to her since we were meeting in Chicago.  After my friend sent me her itinerary I about died…we weren’t on the same flight out of Chicago!  We were on two different airlines flying to Korea!  OMG!!  How did this happen?  I called her right away and told her, she thought she probably messed up her booking after I had sent her the email details of the flight to book.  Oh well, after the initial shock wore off, at least we found out we would be arriving into Korea within 20 minutes of each other.

The hard part would be making sure my friend knew how to fill out all the forms prior to landing so I covered that with her while in Chicago.  After visiting for a while, my friend had to head to her gate.  I would go find out where mine was.  Come to find out, I could have gone thru security with my friend and of course, I was told to go thru the body scanner so I opted for the pat down…why is it always me that is asked to go thru the scanner??  I thought maybe my luck had changed with this since I wasn’t told to go thru it in Omaha.  Guess it just wouldn’t be me flying if I didn’t get my usual pat down at the security screening! 

I wasn’t able to change my seat to the window seat I had requested, why the heck have that option if it’s not going to happen?  I found my friend at her gate since we were just a few gates away from each other.  Stinks we weren’t flying TO Korea together!  After my friend’s plane took off, it seemed like it took forever for my flight to start boarding.

I got to my seat, an aisle so that was better than the middle seat I guess.  An American couple was in my row, on their honeymoon to Thailand.  I know why I love Korean Airlines so much, there movie selections are awesome and you can play them whenever you want to.  I watched a lot of movies: Haywire, Spy vs. Spy, Man on a Ledge, and even a Korean movie, which was actually very good!

I tried to get some sleep, but ended up maybe sleeping lightly for about 45 minutes.  Once we landed and got thru immigration, I went to get my luggage, figures, mine took forever!  I exchanged my money and proceeded out the doors and there’s Molly waiting for me!  I had to tell her that my friend was on a different airline so we found out what door she would have come out of after picking up her luggage.  Figures, her door was clear at the other end of the airport, but we did try and have her paged over the intercom.  As I heard the announcement, I thought to myself, there’s no way she will recognize her name with that heavy Korean accent.  No luck finding her at the door so I had Molly wait at the door and I walked all the way back to where I had come out and as I was texting my friend, I was willing her to turn on her phone so I could find her!  After what seemed like hours, which really was about 20 minutes, I received a text from her!  We finally found each other!  Guess she had been inside by my luggage carousel waiting for me, that was the plan from the start, but I didn’t see her as I was waiting for my luggage!

We took off with Molly and her driver.  Molly was so sweet and talked quite a lot, I truly enjoy hearing all that is going on with Korea and the adoption world.  We had decided we would go out to dinner together since we had been a little late.  First we checked into our rooms and dropped off our luggage then headed into town to a Korean BBQ place.  Great food, tasted great!  Back to our rooms to unpack and get some sleep! But first I tried to get on the internet…no luck so thank goodness for my blackberry. 


No comments: