Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mom Brag Alert

This week is one busy week for our household.  Tonight, we will attend my youngest daughter's 8th Grade Recognition Night.  I'm SO very proud of her, she has maintained a 4.0 throughout her middle school years, very impressive!  She's so sweet and bubbly and so darn adorable!  She's not only beautiful on the outside, but she's beautiful on the inside.  She's so easy going and always cheery.  Always fun being around her, yes, even for a teenager!

My son will be graduating from high school this Saturday...where does the time go?  I'm so proud of the young man he has become.  He's got such a tender heart and a sweet disposition.  He's very easy going too and always willing to do whatever is asked of him.  He even does my grocery shopping when I need him to since he works at a grocery store...now how many boys would do that for their moms?  Not many I'm sure.  And he drives his little sister around when we need him to.  

On Sunday, he was asked to give a short speech regarding his faith and what the church has meant to him for the Senior Recognition brunch.  Seriously?  He agreed to do this?  He has never given a speech in public!  We had him practice in front of us several times.  We wanted him to be prepared and not be nervous.  We gave him pointers and told him to practice again, then come give us the speech again...I'm sure he thought we were going overboard, but he did it anyway.

Sunday morning arrived and we were all seated with both sets of grandparents too.  They were only invited because my son was speaking.  We all ate, then it came time for him to give his speech.  I think both my hubby and I were nervous for him.  But when my son was up and standing in front of everyone with the microphone in hand, I realized what a young man he had grown up to be.  He looked so handsome in his clothes and was calm as can be while he gave his speech.  He later told us he was shaking like a leaf, but you would have never known that.  His voice was steady and he spoke from his heart and spoke of how he had grown in his faith.  It was a very proud moment for our family.  I'm so proud of him agreeing to speak in front of everyone, it's not an easy thing to do!

I'm so proud at this moment, my kids are all growing up in front of me.  My oldest daughter finished up her junior year in college a few weeks ago and she has truly turned into a beautiful, young lady.  She has shown that she is ready to take on the world!  I'm not sure I can take much credit for how my kids have turned out, but I do know that all I did was love them with all my heart and did my best to be the best mom for them.  I don't regret a day that I've been a stay at home mom, that was the best decision I could have ever made.  It wasn't always easy when everyone else was busy with their careers, I felt like I wasn't contributing much, but then I look at my kids and think, 'Wow, these are MY kids, I must have done something right!'

I love you Erika, Taylor, and Kora!  You make me so proud to be your mom!!

No comments: