Friday, May 4, 2012

Be Real

I need to be honest and real.  I always say I am a patient person, but seriously, when it comes to my kids trying out for something or going after something they want, I am not a patient person!!  I am a wreck!  After my youngest daughter tried out for her freshmen cheerleading squad and made it, I was so happy that was over!  Then came the month of April for tryouts for the competitive club cheerleading.  This year came the new format for tryouts and rather than one day of tryouts, they would be the whole month of April...okay, maybe not the entire month, just felt like it.

The night came for the posting of teams and the results were posted two hours late...talk about stress and going crazy waiting!  At least we got a hint that they would be posted and to be patient...I was trying to be patient!  We knew what team my daughter would be listed under, but it was the fact that we wanted to see it in writing and the fact that she could be listed as a candidate for the top team.  Two hours later and there it was, her name listed as we knew it would and highlighted in red stating she was, indeed, a candidate for the top team...for three spots only...ugh!!

So when would we know about the top team?  Sunday, evening of course, and after practice...please, my patience is running thin already and I have to wait AGAIN!  I have every confidence my daughter deserves to be on the top team, she's a very dedicated athlete, loves the sport, always looks forward to practicing and has a great attendance record and not to mention, we are the ideal parents, we don't complain, we don't interfere, we pay on time, support the entire club...ideal for any coach to deal with.  Heck, we've been with this club for eight years!!  I just hope the coaches will see things the way we do.  This.  Wait.  Is.  Killing.  Me.

No comments: