Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tuesday/Wednesday

All but one member of the group made it safely to Korea.  After checking into the hotel, some of us decided to go out for fried chicken and beer.  What better way to introduce people to Korea than fried chicken?!  But, Korean fried chicken is awesome!  Everyone that at it loved it, it was nice being able to get to know some of the people in the group.

After returning to my room, I decided to get comfy and get on the internet to try and do some chatting with family and friends.  The wifi in the room...OMG, I think I wasted about 45 minutes just trying to find a stinkin network!!  So I called our tour leader and asked him how he got internet, said he couldn't get the wifi so he went down to the front desk to get an ethernet connection.  UGH!  I didn't want to go all the way down to the desk and ask for an ethernet cord!!  I was already in my pj's and ready for bed!  But, I decided I really needed to get on the internet so down I went.  This is where having my hubby with me would have come in handy, he would have gotten it for me...

Finally, I was connected to the internet world!!!  Ahhh!  I was so happy!  I was able to chat with hubby for a little bit and also with my friend.  This was all short-lived as midnight was rolling around and I needed to go to bed and try and get some sleep!

Wednesday:
Amazingly, I was able to sleep thru the night!  Wasn't crashed out, but was good enough for me.  I was able to get ready without hurrying, that is the worst feeling in the world..so I tried chatting with hubby, but he was in a two hour meeting...this time/day difference kills us for talking!  I was able to chat with my other friend tho for a little bit then I was off to breakfast.

The entire group was ready and in the lobby before the bus showed up, what a great group!  Today was the day to tour the Korean Folk Village.  Was a beautiful day for it too, always like getting a refresher course at the Village.

We had shabu shabu for lunch, talked with more people from the group and had a nice time.  After lunch we had the orientation meeting so everyone could get the two week schedule.  Think everyone was surprised by the gift of custom hanboks for the adoptees, loved it!

I organized all of my donations for the Holt office and Ilsan...thank you for everyone that sent me donations, my suitcase was seriously overflowing with your generosity!!  I'm so lucky to be able to travel like I do and to have others join with me to give, just makes my trip that much more enjoyable! And now, I have an empty suitcase...oh what shall I fill it with??!!  

Just three of us for dinner out so made it an early night.  I am very tired all of sudden but it's still too early to go to bed!  I'm crossing my fingers that I will sleep.....

1 comment:

Debbie Dunham said...

I'm so jealous! Thanks for posting, Kim. I'll live in Korea vicariously through your blog posts.