Friday, February 18, 2011

Going Down Memory Lane

Working on the Holt auction and figuring out who to have as the special speaker, I've had to really use my brain. But I did it and what a wonderful speaker we are going to have! As I was busy figuring things out, I've had to check my pictures from my trips to Korea.

So going down memory lane from a few years ago, 2007 and 2008. Looking at the pictures from the Gift Team trips brought back wonderful memories and a smile to my face as I was looking at the many people I have traveled with and became friends with.

Then I came across this picture:
These locks are at Seoul Tower in Korea. I remember my great friend Debbie telling me all about these locks and we both HAD to get one and put one on the fence! We're such kids! Mind you, our group was to leave, at that very moment, but nothing was stopping us from being a part of this tradition as this was the first time we had been to the Seoul Tower in our many visits to Korea. I totally blame Debbie for this. So we found the desk where we bought the locks, the blue ones with the clouds on them. We tore open the package, had to write our message on the locks, then run out and lock them onto the fence. Phew!

On the locks, you are to write the name of you and your significant other or any message you want, put the lock on the fence anywhere, then you take the one key and you and your significant other are to throw the key far, far somewhere to signify that your lock can never be opened, thus your love can never be unlocked. Cheesy? Maybe, but it's in Korea!! How many people can say they have done this?

So why am I writing about this now? Because I still have the key!! I have yet to have my hubby and myself throw the key somewhere. Now where do we throw it? I was thinking maybe we throw it somewhere in Sweden when we travel there next year. Why Sweden? Because my hubby is Swedish and what better significance is there that our lock would be in Korea and the key would be somewhere in Sweden? I think I like that idea. Let's just hope I remember to bring the key to Sweden!!

1 comment:

Jaci Monaghan said...

How cool! I love that idea.

I'm really looking forward to the Holt auction. It's going to be amazing.