Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

No chocolates needed, no long stemmed roses needed, not even a card is needed. And no, not even diamonds are needed(gulp, I said that out loud)because my motto has always been, 'Jewelry is always good'. As I get older and wiser and more and more practical, I see these days as just another day. I've stated it before, I don't like the over commercialized days to tell me when I should send a card or gift. Everyday should be recognized as days to say 'I love you'. Gifts should be given because you want to give them, not because they are expected. The best gift is one that is truly a surprise to the other person.

The smallest of gestures are also great gifts and a reminder to that special someone just how much you care. So I will continue to sort thru the dirty laundry, sweep the floors, organize the schedules, plan trips and parties, cook dinners, keep the pantry full, listen to the stories, share in the cheers, share in the tears, laugh full belly laughs, watch you grow, watch you mature, sit back and watch you go your own path, hold your hand thru the tough times, give you a hug thru the scary times, give you a hug thru the happy times all because I love you, today and every day.

No comments: