Thursday, February 10, 2011

'Wordless Wednesday'

I've seen this on other people's blogs, but never understood it. Yes, I have a blog so shouldn't I know all the ins and outs of having one? Is Wordless Wednesday a rule I am to follow? How did it start? Who started it? And why must Wednesday's posts be 'Wordless'?

I guess I have been breaking all the rules for a blog owner. What is the punishment for this? Blogger bashing? I've experienced bashing on forums, I do not want to experience it on my own blog. Will I be turned in for not being wordless on Wednesdays? Are there rules for the other days of the week for blogs?

Here I thought blogging was a sense of freedom for writing and now I find out I am not to write anything on Wednesdays.

Ok, this really doesn't bother me that much, just thought it was funny that I was writing words on Wednesdays and others were wordless. I only wish I was as creative and interesting as some of the other bloggers out there.

Needless to say, I probably won't be wordless on Wednesdays, I've always been one to go my own path.

3 comments:

AMY said...

I've never heard that rule. I thought that blogging was a place where we could make our own words. Write on Wednesdays. Please.

Kelly said...

lol...you rock...:)

Little Lesiw said...

This makes me laugh really hard. I'm not sure who 'started it', but I think the 'name' has more to do with alliteration than anything else.

Basically, I think it started with the thought that you just post a picture that can just speak for itself (like if it's funny, emotional, etc).

Kinda lame, but I'm guilty of doing it! ;)