Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's the Carpet

For years now, as I have been walking around, bending down, anything that has to do with my knees, I've ignored the sensation of crackling plastic. Walking down the stairs, for years, I really thought it was the carpet, not my knees making that crackling noise. But does carpet make crackling noises? I think not, unless the padding underneath was really cheap.

As I age, I have to come to terms with my aging body. But really, how did my knees get so bad? I didn't play sports in high school, just thought I was all that on the dance squad(not really, but isn't that the stereotype?)!

I don't have problems with my knees that surgery is in order, but they are just annoying enough that I do have to limit any activity that will be stress to my knees. Sad. But reality. So now I am trying glucosamine. Yes, I've tried it before but quit, only because I didn't want to take five pills a day, good gravy! That's a meal! Now it comes in liquid form, 8 oz. I can handle that, right? Ugh, it tastes like flat kool-aid that has been sitting out in the sun too long. But I can do it, for the sake of my knees and being able to exercise. Those darn leg extensions, my knees sound horrible!

Okay! Okay! Yes, my one shoulder is also giving me issues when I do the shoulder press. Man, this getting older stuff is tough. Hey, at least I'm exercising again, it's been way too long, my friend.

So let's go glucosamine, give my knees(and shoulder)a break!

No comments: