Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No More Time for Excuses

In the past, I was so good about working out, but with that came getting burned out too. I was in great shape so I figured I could just let it all go and not worry about exercising. Well, it's been a few(too)many years of letting it go, literally. Yes, I can still fit into my size four jeans, but I am really feeling it every time I put on my jeans. They don't fit like they 'used' to, they are getting too snug. My tops are even getting tighter, not the look I'm going for, maybe when I was younger, but now I'm leaning more towards the loose fitting tops. I figured hey, I worked out for years and years, I can let loose on my clothing too.

Now it's just getting a little annoying, my clothes. I have been working out, not hard, but I have been riding the exercise bike. I've actually felt better since I've kept it up for over 60 days, not consecutive days, but still, it's better than not exercising. I'm not putting as much pressure on myself like I used to when I was a crazy work out person.

To be balanced, I know I have to incorporate some strength training. Free weights, eh..yeah, but...not gonna do it for me. Elasta-bands and rubber bands...yes, I can do those, but still...my true passion has always been strength training, I hate cardio.

So, I'm biting the bullet and buying an entire weight training gym set(it's all one piece). And I even talked my hubby into getting a better elliptical machine, one that 'maybe' I could or want to use. I have always hated the elliptical machine, why? Because my stride is SO much smaller than everyone else's and now this new machine will match my stride..bonus huh? At 5' 1", seriously, my stride is small, just ask my hubby when it comes to me keeping up with him just walking. He doesn't call me slow walker for nothing!

Yea, I know buying exercise equipment isn't a big deal, millions of people do it everyday, but I've been on this money saving kick, piddly things like no longer paying for XM radio in my car, no longer having the weekend newspaper delivered to my house so this is a huge purchase! I figured, since I live way out in the boonies, which I really don't, only a 15 minute drive into the 'city' and I have an exercise room in my house, I will save money in the end compared to a gym membership, not to mention saving money on gas.

My goal? Not to put pressure on myself to exercise, but to feel good doing it and let the results be whatever they will be.


1 comment:

AMY said...

Oooh. Elliptical machines. Nice. I can see why you may not enjoy them so much. My mom says that her legs are too far apart for her 5'3" frame on these kinds of machines. Good job exercising Sistah!