Friday, December 21, 2007

The True Reason for the Season

I am going to deviate from my trip and share with everyone why we celebrate Christmas. My youngest daughter keeps reminding me that she is so excited for Christmas and I ask her why, "Because I get presents!" The adult in me wants to hear a different response, but the child in me totally agrees with her. I can remember being her age and being so excited about Christmas, that now as the adult, I feel her excitement and want to give her that same excitement. Why would I want to burst her bubble? The bubble was never burst for me, so I do not want to do that for my daughter. I want to also say that my daughter does knows the meaning of Christmas, but I don't blame her for her first response.

Wednesday evening, I had a great night of going to a NewSong concert. NewSong and Holt have partnered together to gain sponsorships for the needs of the children we serve around the world. This was the second to last concert for them on their Christmas Promise Tour. I didn't think I had heard any songs from this group, I was wrong. For those of you that have ever watched the tv movie, "The Christmas Shoes", NewSong is the group that wrote the song that goes along with the movie. Last night, "The Christmas Shoes" was on the Lifetime channel and my youngest daughter was able to watch it with me. How special was that! I believe the movie will be on again on Christmas Eve? (Check the lifetime channel)

Back to the concert, wow! Amazing start to the concert with the song, "Noel"...brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps all over. For those that know me well or for those that have just met me, you know I could have used my sunglasses throughout the concert. During intermission, NewSong helps Holt get sponsorships for our children in care. My husband found a baby girl from Korea to sponsor that shares the same birthday as our son. He also bought every CD available there. He is such a softie!

So what is the True Reason for the Season? I want all of you to sit down and really think about it. It is different for everyone so I will not judge but if you need a refresher course, I urge you to go out and buy NewSong's CD and also Todd Agnew's CD, "Do You See What I See", for he tells the story of Christmas in such a way that you say to yourself, "YES! This is the TRUE reason for the season!" Share it with your family, watch "The Christmas Shoes" with your family and remember, the True Reason for the Season! ( I know, I sound like I am trying to get you to buy these cd's but really, it's a simple way to get you in the mood for Christmas because if you can't hear them 'live' then hearing them on the cd is the next best thing!)

I am still decompressing from my trip to Korea, it always takes me awhile to get back into the swing of things. So why was it that I felt like I was in this 'funk' after such a wonderful trip and come home to all the blessings that have been bestowed on me? I'm not sure. I have been feeling 'negative' since my return. I wasn't able to shake it. People were getting on my nerves, why were they not focusing on what is important in life? Why weren't people thinking before speaking? Why can't people treat others like they would like to be treated? I was not happy being this 'negative Nelly', I have been trying so hard to be more positive in my life so that I may share myself with the world.

Thank goodness for the concert, it brought me out of that funk! I was reminded that I don't have to be around the negative even it means not being involved in certain things. My husband, once again is my hero. He told me that I can move onto more positive aspects of my Calling...oh dear, I need my sunglasses now...

My husband is also a very busy person so when I asked him to please go to this concert with me, I know he did just for my sake, besides, we had to drive 2 hours to get there, so would end up being a very late night coming home. But guess what, he loved the concert, he got so much out of it, I told you he is a softie. HE'S the one that bought every CD there. He now listens to them at work. I call all of this 'Amazing Grace', we both needed this concert to get back to where we have worked so hard to be, living our lives in the way God intended for us to live. Amen.

I hope for everyone true peace and happiness in your lives for 2008. Life is so much better when you remember The True Reason for the Season!

Blessings!

No comments: