Monday, April 28, 2008

Catching My Breath!

What a whirlwind of activity I had last weekend!! It seems things happened all at once for me and all in one weekend, but I came out of it just fine. I'm in one piece, my family is in one piece and that is what matters in my life.
I am amazed at how I am growing as a person, not physically, but mentally. I have been given a challenge and I have been able to face it full on and not back down and I have to say, it is a good feeling. I have questioned myself over the years of how I can contribute in life. Of course, my family is priority number one. But now I am at a part of my life where I can contribute elsewhere too.
So my weekend was filled with meetings and dinners. Besides myself being busy, my son had a soccer tournament and my oldest daughter had her prom. I wasn't able to attend any of the soccer games, do I feel guilty? No, though I missed seeing my son play but at least my husband was able to be there with him. I did make it home in time to take pictures for prom, then that was the end of seeing my daughter until 4:00 in the afternoon the next day.
My Sunday meeting was a breath of fresh air. It was so nice to meet young adults that are so eager to be involved and give back. Such a nice change in this world.
So my busy weekend was all around worth it. There is hope out there in this world and we can all take that breath of fresh air that is so needed in today's hectic life. I am grateful for just that splinter of hope!!

1 comment:

AMY said...

Yea! That's great to hear that your Sunday meeting went great! How invigorating. See you soon!