Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reality..

When I talk about realiy, it can mean a lot of things. For me, at this moment, as I prepare for my meetings, it gets me to thinking about where I was born, South Korea. I find myself going in phases about wanting to know my past. I guess as I age(and my birthday isn't that far now)I find I want to know more and more about my past. I like to live life to the fullest. And I believe I am one that truly does live life to the fullest, I don't just talk a good game. Living life is about enjoying every moment; enjoying the little things in life and exploring all that I can about the world and therefore, myself. Life is also about being able to do the things in life that brings joy to my family and my friends. But as I have gotten older, I have also learned and allowed myself to have joy too.
So my reality is that I don't know about my birth parents. This realization hasn't made me sad or mad throughout my life, it was just a given that I didn't have information on them. So now with today's technology of the internet, I find myself on websites that I can register on and maybe catch the attention of a birth parent or birth sibling in S. Korea that maybe looking for me. Now doesn't that sound like looking for a needle in a haystack? Wow, what a challenge, but I know it can be done and I am up for the challenge because what a bonus for me if I did connect with someone from my birth family. If I don't, I won't have any regrets or 'what ifs' if I never tried!
So, I am asking for help from any of my readers out in this world, if you can give me other websites that can help me out. I only know of two websites right now. I need to be able to read the websites in English, I can't read Korean hangul. And all of you know that I will document my journey on here so any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Kim -- I didn't know you were searching, but I wish you the best and I'll look forward to reading about your progess, both in terms of the actual process and in terms of what it means to you personally. You're my eye into my own children. Thank you!