Friday, April 4, 2008

A Night of Cheer-

'Leading' that is! I have a lot to cheer about today. Our week is winding down and that means we are that much closer to NYC! Last night was a very stressful night for me. As I was sitting at my youngest daughter's cheerleading banquet, I was a nervous wreck...not for her, but for my oldest daugther, she was at her tryouts for the varsity squad at her high school. Granted, I knew she would make it, but there is always that little morsel of doubt that creeps in.
As I was sitting at the banquet, I confess, I had my blackberry sitting right in front of me waiting to see that red light blink saying I had a message...I had told my daughter to text me with updates. At 5:39pm, I received a text that she did great with her tryout and that she was done. Now we had to wait for the rest of the girls to tryout....
The banquet continues, but I am not really paying attention, I am still staring at my blackberry willing it to show me the blinking red light. My hubby was laughing at me, but you know what he was doing? You got it, he was checking his blackberry and answering his work emails!
7:15pm and there's the red light...all the girls were done with tryouts, now we wait again for the scores...I can't stand it!
What seemed like hours of waiting, I finally see the blinking red light at 7:49pm with the text: 'I MADE IT!' Yes!!!! I showed my hubby and he looked at me and said, 'I can literally see the relief on your face, you are so funny'. What a relief, I felt like I had been holding my breath for the entire day and evening. No wonder I had a headache all week...
There are no guarantees in life and with the cheerleading squads at the high school, even if you were on the squad previously did not guarantee you a spot on it again. Like most schools, this high school is very competitive and the competition is pretty stiff. There were 14 seniors and 6 juniors chosen for the varsity squad.
Now that it is Friday, I can truly say TGIF!! And I am ready for our trip to NYC!!! Did I say I was ready? Oh dear, then I must get to doing the laundry, no one here has even started to pack...Gotta love Spring Break!!

No comments: