Monday, April 7, 2008

Sunday and Monday in NYC

Sunday we spent most of the day walking around again with more shopping. I'm not sure if we will ever stop shopping. The store around here remind of me being in Hawaii, there are so many and all of them are the expesive ones too. I think Skip keeps noticing that NYC is expensive but not as expensive as Honolulu. Our hotel is nice. Taylor and Erika are in one room and Skip and I are sharing a room with Kora so that she too can have her own bed. Kora usually ends up sleeping on the floor anytime we are in a hotel, so she has now graduated to her own bed. Only because usually Skip and I can't fit in the usual double beds, especially since we are used to our king bed.

We all went to see STOMP. Skip and I have seen it in Omaha, but thought the kids would really enjoy seeing it. We picked up our tickets at the will call window and while we are getting hot chocolate before the show, I realize I cannot find the tickets...uh oh...did they come out of my coat pocket along the way from the theater to the chocolate store? Oh dear...now what do we do? Skip went back to the theater to see if happened to find the tickets and possibly turn all five in!!?? Phew!! We got lucky and someone found them and turned them in. There are still honest people out in this world and thank goodness.

We all thoroughly enjoyed the concert. It was a great performance. It was nice being able to give our kids the opportunity to see such a great show.

All the walking around one does while in NYC really tires out a person, so after the show, all five of us 'squoze' into a taxi and headed back to the hotel. We decided to try the New York way of eating pizza and get a slice of pizza and ate it in our room.

After checking online for Kora's cheerleading results, we found out that she made the national team she wanted to be placed on, so kudos to Kora, we are so proud of her! She works so hard in her cheerleading and she is very good, but very few people know her sport and see her actually perform. I think people are very surprised when they take time to go see her and all the hard work that goes into her sport. She keeps very busy with just cheerleading and is very dedicated. She practices three times a week and will now practice for two out of the three days for 2 1/2 hours each time. We are excited for Kora's new team and the new ventures traveling for the coming year.

Monday morning came bright and early for myself and Erika. We had to get to the ABC studio to go see a taping of Live with Regis and Kelly. I bought this trip last year at the Eugene Holt auction and the trip came with tickets to see this show. Erika and I were part of the VIP's so was able to enter the studio early with the other VIP's though early is a relative term when it came to this show. We entered the studio around 8:45 and the show goes on the air at 9:00am! But everyone knows what they are doing and run a smooth ship. Both Erika and I were very surprised by how small the actual studio was. It looks so much bigger when you watch it on tv. So here are a few pictures of our morning: Setting up the stage:


Regis and Kelly talk to the audience during commercials:

The ceiling is full of all of this 'stuff':

This is Brittney Snow, one of the guests for the show:

I couldn't take anymore pictures because my camera is also a video camera and though I was not taking video, I still wasn't allowed to use it so...the other guest was the American Idol that was voted off, Ramiele. We had fun having this experience, always nice to see this sort of thing when one watches on tv. Skip and the kids were able to see us several times on tv, so that is always exciting too.

After such an early morning, I am going to bed. It is way past my bedtime so I will continue with my blog tomorrow and let you know about the rest of our Monday and also our NY Yankee's game experience!

1 comment:

AMY said...

Yea! I'm finally going to be able to watch you girly-girls on TV. It's all set up to watch our DVR of it. Ms. Rippa looks beautiful in your picture.

Sounds like a fabulous time. Eat a stadium dog on me and "GO Yankees!"